Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Walking Update

I wanted to update on Kodiak's walking on a leash attempt. I was able to take him on a walk with a choke chain 3 times last week. The first 2 times I walked him by himself first. Needless to say the other two were not happy. Once I got back with Kodiak I took Naya and Chief at the same time. They walk great together and are easy for me to do by myself. It actually amazes me because Chief has had little to no training. He has always been pretty good on a leash. I would have to say that these first 2 walks were not too bad (for him). They were tolerable. The 3rd attempt, I walked Kodiak while Jolene walked chief and Naya. We went at the same time because we were running short on time. There was definitely a difference with Kodiak. He was not nearly as good with the other dogs along on the walk. The other 2 weren't quite as good as they were by themselves either.

I'm going to be taking them on walks separately today and hopefully Kodiak behaves better than his last walk. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment